“Are You Liberal? Conservative? or Confused?” discusses political labels. What do they mean? Liberal, conservative, left, right, democrat, republican, moderate, socialist, libertarian, communist what are their economic policies and what plans do their promoters have for your money? Clear, concise explanations. Facts and fallacies. Does inconsistency to the original American philosophy endanger liberty?
To improve the student’s learning experience, also purchase the student study guide for “Are You Liberal? Conservative? or Confused?” titled “A Bluestocking Guide: Political Philosophies” also available through Amazon.com
Can be used for courses in Government, Civics, Election Unit Studies, Economics, Business, Finance, History.
Also recommended for further reading is the chapter on “Isms” from the book “Capitalism for Kids” also available through Amazon.com.
Table of Contents for Are You Liberal? Conservative? or Confused?
Uncle Eric’s Model of How the World Works
1. Don’t Be Embarrassed
2. The Original American Philosophy
3. The Opposite of the Original American Philosophy
4. Basic Political Spectrum
5. The Nature of Political Power
6. The Two Categories of Encroachment
7. The Middle Ground
8. Freedom vs. Liberty
10. Military and Foreign Policy
11. Democrats and Republicans
12. Socialism and Communism
14. What Are They Really?
15. The Other Middle View
16. The National Religion
17. A U.S.-Nazi Alliance or a U.S.-Soviet Alliance?
18. Economic Counterparts
19. Effects on Your Money
20. Three Types of Wrongdoing
21. Muddied Waters
22. Who Gets the Children?
23. The Return of Racism
24. The First American Philosophies
26. Encroachment, Big and Small
About Richard J. Maybury